Saturday, October 5, 2013

wooden wine glass caddy


Virginia has become one of the premiere wine destinations in the country now boasting in excess of 200 wineries.

This is a wine caddy made from purple heart wood. Purple heart is a South American hardwood with a purplish brown color. It is commonly used for inlay and fine furniture. I like to finish my wood with a basic Danish oil finish, especially on the exotic woods. This just brings out the natural colors and grains of the wood.

I will be posting more pictures of the wine caddies that  I make in the near future here, but for now, if you would like to see more examples of my work go to https://www.facebook.com/snowcreekcrafts and feel free to drop me a me line at either place. I am located in south central Virginia but shipping is available for a small fee.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment